As you enjoy the park, please remember that you share this space with thousands of other people. Please help us make the park the best it can be by abiding by the following rules.
To review the full text of
the Pittsburgh City Code concerning Parks and Playgrounds, click here
- Allegheny Commons is open to the public every day of the year from
6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- No vehicles in the park, please, unless your park permit states otherwise.
- Lake Elizabeth is unsuitable for swimming, bathing and wading.
- Dogs and other pets must be on a leash (except in our off-leash area) and
under the control of the owner. No pets are allowed on playgrounds or courts.
- Place trash in trash receptacles only. If trash receptacles are not available, or
full, please take your refuse with you.
- Cooperate in keeping the rest rooms and washrooms in a neat and sanitary condition.
- No fires please.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the parks, except by special permission
of the Director.
- Never damage, pollute, disfigure or remove any natural resource, structures or
equipment in the parks. Do not hunt, kill, molest, frighten or tease any animals,
reptiles or birds in the park.
- Bottles, containers or other items made of glass are prohibited from the park.
- Motorized model airplanes are not allowed in the parks.
- No solicitation, vending, advertising or sign posting is allowed in the parks,
except by special permission of the Director.